It was exactly 6 years ago that Jonesy and I went on our first date. We were working at a 'haunted forest' (it's kindof like a haunted house, but outside...in the forest) in Logan, Utah. I was the assistant to the director, Jones was a 'spook'. I remember the first time I saw him. He was wearing a black stocking cap and huge black headphones around his neck. My first thoughts were 'woah, he's tall!' He asked me what he can do to help and I asked him to come help me with the sound system (which was located out in the middle of the woods). On the way to the sound system, he tripped over a log and I laughed at him. It was then he knew he had to ask me out. We went out on October 23, 2002 after work. Work didn't get over until late at night so there wasn't much to do. We went and ate at Village Inn (a restaurant similar to Denny's, famous for their pies). After a yummy dinner of steak (for Jones) and a BLT (for me, yummy!) we had nothing else to do but drive around. After the date ended (around 2AM) I got Jonesy's number. I called the next day and we've been together ever since.
Below are some pictures to give an idea of how young we looked back then. These were a bunch of pictures we took for our wedding announcements. Can you guess which one we ended up using for the announcement? (If you already know, you can guess but you can't say that you know so you don't alter the votes of the others.)

11 comments:
I love learning how people met and fell in love. What a super story. Thanks for sharing it. I have no idea, but how about the one of you two standing on the "A"?
I know what picture it is!!!!!, but I won't tell. . .
I knew you met at the haunted forrest, but I didn't know about your date. It's nice to finailly hear the rest of the story!
did you guys use the picture of you proposing to jonesy... i will die laughing if it is!
Remember when Bryan and I dropped you off at the forest....that was scary and look what it got you...Your welcome :)
Happy Aniversary! I love you pictures! You must have had a wonderful photographer! I can't believe that was 6 years ago. Time flies.
I remember how excited you were to go out with Jones again. it seems like so long ago. I also remember which picture you used for the invite, I still have it. Don't worry i won't tellwhich photo it is.
Trish
Well, that day is memorable for us all because Mikey called me soon as he got home. Happy, HAPPY boy!
I know the picture - and it was a good one, but I love em all.
I also remember fondly the day you two got married. I cried and cried and cried. I told you it was the happiest day of my life and you said it was yours too (while looking at me like I had lost my mind!)
Ahhhh, such good memories.
How fun - you guys are great. Happy anniversary! I love those pictures. I'll guess you used the top one for your announcement since nobody else has.
By the way, I tried the gridders today - those are fun. Thanks for sharing!
Okay, I'm spilling the beans! Our engagement picture was the bottom one.. of us kissing on the 'A'. We cropped the A out though.
At Utah State, in order to become a 'True Aggie' you must kiss someone on the 'A' during homecoming at midnight or at midnight on a full moon. I am not a 'True Aggie', my biggest regret.
Um, no we didn't. The "A" was there.
mike..how long have you been married? dont argue with your wife!!
Post a Comment