Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Day in Lubbock

Flagstaff had about 5 parks. Only 2 of them were frequented by us. Lubbock, on the other hand has over 75 parks. The great thing about this (aside from the variety) is that the parks are pretty much never crowded. Whenever we go there is usually one kid for Ruth to play with and freedom from getting trampled for Gareth. Oh, and I guess it's also noteworthy to mention that it's almost the end of October and we were able to enjoy a nice mid-70's sunny afternoon while playing at the park today.
















When we were getting in the car to head home, a friendly little furry caterpillar came to visit. He yelled as loud as he could "Hey! Pick me up, let me crawl all over your arm and then drop me!" We kindly obliged. Thanks for the fun Mr. Caterpillar. We hope you turn into a beautiful butterfly!

2 comments:

Bethany Thompson said...

I LOVE the variety of parks here... big reason we chose to move to Lubbock. Oh, I love caterpillars too!

Kat Curtis said...

I love the furry caterpillars - we used to see them try to do the scramble across the street in San Antonio at about this time of year. Way to help a little guy! :)