Ruth is growing up too fast. Tonight as I was putting her in bed, she asked me some questions that I didn't think she was old enough to even think up. It all started when she asked me how babies get food from nipples (she must have been remembering waaaaaaay back when Gareth was new and breastfeeding). When I told her that when a woman has a baby her breasts start producing milk she wanted to know how the baby got the milk out of the nipple. When I told her the answer to that question she said: "Ow! That must hurt a lot!" Then she proceeded to ask me when milk will come out of her nipples. I told her it will happen after she gets married and has a baby. She said "I don't think I want to do that. It would hurt!" (She's right by the way...) Anyway, the conversation ended on a very cute note. Ruth got this dreamy look in her eyes and said: "I wonder what man I'm going to marry." It's a little strange that she's already thinking about it, but I assured her that he will be a very nice man.So I don't mind talking to Ruth about all these things. In fact, I was happy to talk about it with her. I would rather her learn it from me than from her friends or teachers. I just didn't realize I would have to start answering questions so early. It took me by surprise, but I'm ready now. Tomorrow night: birds and bees.
4 comments:
It doesn't hurt for EVERYONE
And yes, that is VERY cute.
I really like the picture things you're doing. Are you getting into digital scrapbooking???
Nope, not digital scrapbooking. I'm getting into Photoshop! (Except I made those picture things about 2 months ago and I couldn't think of what to use them for...)
Photoshop = Awesome!
Hi Havilah! Wow! Kids say and think the darndest things! What an inquisitive little girl!
A friend of mine posted some Halloween cartoons on her blog and I immediately thought of you and Ruth, which is why I came to visit you today. Notice especially cartoon #2 and you will see why... Hope you are all doing well!
http://thejennybrentshow.blogspot.com/2008/10/halloween-cartoons.html
I understand!!!!! Shayleigh does that to me all the time. I have found ways to answer her questions without being too graphic, and being age appropriate. Shayleigh cna't wait to find her "prince". We've kind of had mini bird and bees talks, but not that detailed yet. sooner or later, when I feel that time is right and she is ready, I' gues I'm as ready as I can be.
Post a Comment