Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gareth


Gareth is learning to talk. We were starting to become a bit worried a couple weeks ago when we realized that Ruth's vocabulary at his age consisted of over 200 words (we wrote a list on her 18 month birthday) and Gareth's was only two or three.

But don't worry! Over the past two weeks Gareth's vocabulary has bloomed! His pronunciation still needs some work, and I don't think anybody but Jonesy and I can understand him, but he's doing very well. Here are all the words he can say now:

Yeah (whenever anybody asks him a question, no matter what the question is, he'll nod his head and say "yeah")
Mommy
Daddy
Ruthie ("Ruie" is how he says it... he used to say shssshss)
Pumpkin ("Buppy")
Shoes
More
Food
Water ("Wawer")
Let's Go!
Outside
Bye
Hi
Ball
Hat
Book
Cheese ("eeeese with a hand sign")
Please ("eeeese")
Moo
Meow ("mow")
Doggy
Sippy (for sippy cup)
Thank You ("dan doo")
Off
On
Juliet (Gareth's girlfriend)
I Love You ("I yuh oo")


Anyway.. I'm sure there are more. I'll add them as I think of them since this is mostly for my own records.



No comments: