Monday, September 8, 2008

Cumbersome

Ruth: Do you know what cumbersome means?

Daddy: Cumbersome? Where did you hear that word?

Ruth: From Wordgirl! (a show on PBS)

Daddy: Do YOU know what cumbersome means?

Ruth: Yes, it's something you are not able to handle.

Daddy:...(shocked)....that's right Ruth.

.......a few minutes later.........

Ruth: Gareth sure is cumbersome! (she said this as Gareth was attacking her and she couldn't get him off of her)

11 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Ha ha! I love PBS shows - they make for good conversation. Ruth is so funny - I love her video about the first day of school too. Very cute.

Lalani said...

So Very Adorable!

Ron and Nina Jones said...

I'm so proud of my highly intelligent grand daughter. I can't help it, I'm just a prideful woman.

Bethany Thompson said...

The things that come out of that little girls mouth is so shocking... :) so smart!

Mama J said...

Okay... So have you enrolled her in college yet?!?! I dont even know what cumbersome means!!!

Rachel said...

Dang TV, why does it have to teach our kids more than we can? haha :)She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

i actually wanted to comment on the ruthieisms....what did you tell her about the John the Baptist thing??

Macy Perrone said...

i love it! cumbersome is one of my FAVORITE words!! go Ruth!!!

LC said...

I was excited to find you and spy on your lives but didn't have time yesterday to let you know. You have such cute kids! Ruth is definetly a child of you and Jones, how funny she must be.

Becky said...

I can't believe ruth is so old. Last time I saw her she was so little. I'm very glad you found me. I had sadly erassed your USU e-mail address the other day because it no longer works. Your kids are very cute! Your blog reminds me a bit of mine. It talks mostly about kids.

Chrislynn said...

Yay for Word Girl!