Friday, August 29, 2008

Book A Month Challenge-- August

The theme for August was "Cold". With work, school, bbq's (real Texas ones), and life we kind of forgot to pick a book for this month's challenge until just recently. Jones has opted out for this month's challenge because he's been busy with work getting ready for school to start. So it's just going to be me. I chose to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I think it is appropriate for the theme 'cold' mostly because when I think of WWII and Nazi Germany I always imagine snow and coldness (mostly because of I book I read in high school called Night by Elie Wiesel--also recommended). There are also moments in the book that involve cold--brrr! I got cold just reading it. Click HERE to read more about The Book Thief.

And here is my review...



The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is probably the best I've read in a long, long time. The story is of a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany during WWII. The author is amazing. He can create the most wonderful pictures and feelings just with words. Highly recommended!


View all my reviews.

If you want to learn more about the Book A Month Challenge, click HERE.

1 comment:

Brother and Sister Jones said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I read The Thief Lord. Does that count? I liked it very much.