Friday, August 1, 2008

Choosing Careers (already??)

Ruth is very excited about choosing her future career. She has a few ideas and is working on learning all she can about each.
Her first goal was to become a cook when she grows up so she can make spaghetti. To practice this she helps me in the kitchen (when I let her) and plays with her toy kitchen.
Her second and most recent goal is to become an astronaut. We've told her all the things she has to do in order to become an astronaut and she's working hard. Here are all the things she's working on for her goal...
She's going to start going to school in September. She knows that in order to be a successful astronaut a person must learn a lot and spend a lot of time in school.
She's eating healthy foods and exercising a lot. Ruth knows that one must be in perfect health to be able to go into space.
She's trying on different space suits. Ruth knows that she must be in style while in space so she's working on creating the perfect outfit. Here's the latest:

Ruth is especially excited about becoming an astronaut because she knows she can fulfill her goal to be a cook at the same time by being the "astronaut cook" in the spaceship. I can't quite decide how I'm going to go about training her for that...

**UPDATE**
About 5 minutes after posting this entry Ruth told me: "Silly Mom, don't you remember that I don't want to be an astronaut anymore? Now I want to be a Piano Player!"
Consequently tomorrow we're off to the music store to check out what they have for young children to help introduce them to music. (actually we were going to go anyway but now I'm more motivated)

1 comment:

Kat Curtis said...

Ben actually wants to be an astronaut, play the tuba and drive a Hummer when he grows up. Those have been surprisingly fixed goals and aspirations, especially for a little guy. Strangely enough, playing the tuba has been a serious ambition for as long as I can remember. I keep trying to play it off, but he seems determined to play the tuba. Ah Ben... :)