Monday, August 11, 2008

Ruthie Reads


When Ruth was a little bit younger than Gareth is now (she was about 16 months old) Ruth had a favorite book called Snowmen At Night. She would make us read that book to her about 4 or 5 times a day. One day were amazed to find that she had the book memorized. The funny part about that was that since she was still too young to know how to speak words, it was actually the SOUNDS that she had memorized. She could recite that book to us every time. I REALLY wish we had put it on film because it was truly amazing.

When Ruth did start learning words, her ability to recite that book disappeared. She can no longer do it. We kinda set that aside as a fun memory and left it there. Just the other night she decided to surprise us again by telling us that she can read. She opened up one of our library books and began to read it to us. (Okay, she wasn't reading.. she just had the whole thing memorized). The book is called Cowboy Camp by Tammi Sauer.

I decided I couldn't put it off this time. I wanted to get it on film. Ruth was being a bit camera shy so when I finally got her to start reading and found the camera was out of focus I didn't want to stop and make her start over. So sorry about the blurriness. Also, Ruth didn't want to be in the movie, she just wanted the book to be in it.


2 comments:

Chalice said...

That is sooo cute! Good job Ruth!

Kat Curtis said...

That's awesome! She has it all down - that's really amazing.