Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sledding is.....fun???

Why do people like to sled? I have only just realized (a couple weeks ago) that sledding sucks(and I don't even use that word). I mean, you go outside where it's cold, you bundle up in uncomfortable clothes and you're still cold, then you sit on a cold sheet of plastic that is worth a penny but cost you ten bucks and you slide down a hill, cold wind blowing cold snow in your face, bumping and jumping the whole way down only to find yourself at the bottom with fifteen new bruises and a couple scrapes. Then you have to climb up a slippery, snowy hill only to torture yourself all over again! It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would rather be at home with a good book drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow fall outside my window.

Ruth is a smart kid. She figured all this out after her very first sledding experience. She only went down three times and after a scraped chin, cheek, and forehead she officially denounced sledding. Hooray! But then a few days later she saw some kids sledding and she decided that she did want to go sledding again when she's older. I guess we'll see what happens. Here are some pictures from the adventure:

Getting ready to go down for the first time...

Going down the hill...

About to crash at the bottom...

Comforting Ruth after crashing at the bottom...

Going again??? This time down a small hill.

In the car after sledding. You can kind of see her chin-scrape...

A better view of Ruth's injuries. Poor kid...

5 comments:

Anali said...

Yeah, I'm with you there. I despise the cold, and sledding is just more cold. However, I used to love sledding when I was a kid - that was just before I knew better...

Macy Perrone said...

oh sledding! the one thing i miss about snow!!!

Kate said...

Wow, that looks painful. Was the snow really hard? Ouch!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, i think it's fun. The family went sledding over Christmas and I hated standing there, holding my little baby cousin, watching everyone else sled. I also have a strong desire to snowboard, but alas, pregnancy!

Rachel said...

That poor girl! I hear you 100% on the sledding opinion. I would much rather send Danny out with the kids and have me sit and make hot chocolate for them when they get back.