Ruth has officially begun Joy school and she LOVES it. We have four kids in the group. She goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 11:30am. Each of us moms switches off teaching each week. My first week teaching will be on February 12. I am actually pretty excited about teaching. The curriculum is very cool. It comes with a schedule, activities, stories, pictures, crafts and tons of things like that. Each month we focus on a topic (i.e. obedience and decisions, goal striving, trust and confidence, spontaneous delight, family security, etc.) and the lessons, games, songs, activities and crafts all go along with the topic of the month. The best thing about this (for me) is that three out of four weeks, I have two hours of free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays (cause Gareth sleeps during those hours) to work on school work! This frees up my nights for all those projects I have waiting for me to finish. Hooray! Ruth says that her favorite part of Joy School is making goals. I think it is really the friends and the fun, but whatever. If you want to see an example of the lesson plan click HERE
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Joy!
Ruth has officially begun Joy school and she LOVES it. We have four kids in the group. She goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 11:30am. Each of us moms switches off teaching each week. My first week teaching will be on February 12. I am actually pretty excited about teaching. The curriculum is very cool. It comes with a schedule, activities, stories, pictures, crafts and tons of things like that. Each month we focus on a topic (i.e. obedience and decisions, goal striving, trust and confidence, spontaneous delight, family security, etc.) and the lessons, games, songs, activities and crafts all go along with the topic of the month. The best thing about this (for me) is that three out of four weeks, I have two hours of free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays (cause Gareth sleeps during those hours) to work on school work! This frees up my nights for all those projects I have waiting for me to finish. Hooray! Ruth says that her favorite part of Joy School is making goals. I think it is really the friends and the fun, but whatever. If you want to see an example of the lesson plan click HERE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooo fun! I've always wanted to be a part of a Joy School for my kids, it looks so fun. You'll have to post her craft porjects! Good luck!
Post a Comment