Friday, October 5, 2007

Art On the Go

Our children have made very large strides in their development this week. Two days ago, Ruth was showing very little interest in drawing. She would scribble a few seconds, then request a fresh paper. I will admit, I was starting to worry. Then yesterday, we were sitting down about to start another session of paper-wasting when she decided to show me her hidden talents. I drew a ghost on my paper and told her to draw one on hers. This is what she drew:

Then I drew a pumpkin and told her to draw one on her paper:


After that, a witch!


Then a sun...


And finally, a mouse...


Isn't she amazing?! The most amazing part was going from scribbles to these in one day. Yay Ruth!!

When I mentioned that our children had made strides this week, I meant it. Yes, it's true, Gareth is absolutely crawling now. I can't decide if this is good or not; tonight while Ruth was supposed to be going to sleep, Gareth slipped away and went to visit her in her room... she thought it was hilarious. I guess it's time to start keeping a closer eye on him.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW! I love the drawings! Sam has just started doing the same thing, but not nearly as impressive! it's fun though.

Kate said...

Those pictures by Ruth are amazing! I loved the witch in particular. :)

April said...

I can't believe how big Gareth has gotten already!