The hike down through the cave is pretty much straight down for a mile and a half (down to about 750 ft below ground). After that there is about another mile and a half of cave to explore. The Ranger who sold us our tickets took one look at my belly and told me I should skip the hike down and just take the elevator in about 45 mins and meet everyone down there. Whatev! I didn't want to do that, hiking DOWN is the best part! So I ignored her and went anyway (and really it wasn't that bad..AND it was nice to have an excuse to not have to hold the children).


We met a couple of homeless dogs at a gas station on the way home. The poor things wanted to come home with us and I almost gave in! (okay, not really...can you imagine all the fleas those things would bring home??)
This is a candid shot of Jones. He was trying to figure out if the car he saw parked on the side of the road up a ways was a cop car. It wasn't.
This is a good representation of what West Texas looks like (even though this is a view of New Mexico). It was exciting to be up on a mountain for the first time in 10 months!
This is a picture of Ruth pointing out all the amazing things we saw on the way (she was 'teaching' Gareth). I liked the picture cause it looks like she's pointing at the sun.
Sorry Audra. I had to put this one in here. This is what Aunt Audra looks like when she's bored.I think everybody had a great time. Even little ol' Gareth loved being inside the cave. I recommend the trip to anyone! Thanks for coming to visit us Audra! You are welcome ANY time. (and yes, Ruth did stop crying eventually...they both miss you dearly though).






4 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go! It looks like a lot of fun. Did you see any bats?
WOW!!! What a fun trip!! That pic of Ruth touching the sun is funny! If I were kookoo and superstitious, I'd tell you that was an Angel in the picture, haha!
I'm so glad to see that you brought both of your kids there and it was a success! We've been toying with taking the boys there, but I didn't know how Adam would do. But if you could do it with Gareth, there's a chance Adam would be okay. Thanks for being the guinea pigs for us!! :)
I have fond memories of our trip there as kids--I'm so glad you got to go again!
Post a Comment