Here is a general break-down of why we have chosen to wait until we see the child with our own eyes before finding out what gender it is:
- We already have blue stuff; we already have pink stuff. Essentially, we're already prepared.
- We found out with our other two, so now it's time for something new!
- We don't want to be tempted to purchase MORE baby stuff (since (aside from a few things we need) we already have enough to get by for the first few weeks/months)
- We have discovered how much FUN it is to make other people think we're crazy.
- We like playing the "name game" too much to only have to decide on one gender of names.
- We want to experience how it was in the 'olden days' when nobody ever found out what they were having.
- It's like a game... and we're WINNING!
We already passed the most difficult part when we had our ultrasound last Friday. The technician was an expert at keeping the private parts private so no matter how hard we tried to see something we still didn't see.
There is a catch though. My sister has all my old baby clothes so she's going to need to know what we're having so she can send us the right stuff. So the technician was nice enough to write it down and seal it in an envelope. The mystery envelope should be arriving at my sister's house any day now.
Do YOU want HER to tell you what we're having?? You have to meet these simple requirements to be able to know the news:
- You must not live within 200 miles of us
- You must not contact us via phone until the baby is born (unless you're Mom or Bekah.. I trust you)
- IF you email us you must have someone else proofread your emails BEFORE you send them to make sure you don't slip up.
- You cannot make any sort of mention of the gender ANYWHERE on the internet.
- You cannot tell anyone who does not meet these requirements
- You must somehow convince my sister to give up the information (she does accept bribes)
- You must be related to me in the motherly or sisterly sort of way.
P.S. Pictures from the Ultrasound to come later (gotta get 'em on the computer somehow...)
10 comments:
BOOOOOOOO. I want to know, and I would never tell. Now I can't buy you a baby gift because I hate yellow and green clothes. BOOOOOOOO.
You guys are so hilarious! I would love to try and keep one a secret but I don't have one of each "game piece" so I just CAAAAN'T! I can't WAIT, I'll keep myself in suspense! :)
I think it's awesome to be surprised! I also think it's sad that our society is too focused on pink and blue. What's wrong with putting a girl in blue or a boy in pink? I ask you...
Other than, in Gareth's case, the pink would totally clash with his hair. But, the same would go for a red-haired girl.
I don't know why society has chosen those colors, but parents continue to follow the trend because they hate having their little boy mistaken as a girl or visa versa. I know whenever someone called Ruthie a "cute little boy" I wanted to hit them in the face. So WE do it to protect people from my fist.
I, Bekah Morrill, your older sister, do solemnly swear that I will not tell anyone the gender of the baby unless they completely meet your requirements.
I think that is super exciting that you are not finding out. I love the suspense. We didn't find out with Miriam and while it was difficult for purchasing anything I enjoyed not knowing. Have fun with it!
Seriously - my greatest regret was not being able to have ONE surprise delivery (well, besides the fact that I COULD have tried an epidural once and saved Dad from so much trauma and mortification...lol).
You're doing the right thing and I'm going to stick with it too. Stay strong, Bekah, no matter HOW much I try to bribe you later!
Well, to let everyone know I do know and I accept cash donations of $100 and up. Love ya Havi
why would people mistake Ruth for a boy? Are they blind.
You're right I do think you're crazy! Thanks for finally admitting you're doing it so people will think you're crazy --I know that's why people do it! ;) As for me, it's either a surprise at the ultrasound or when it comes out! I'm not fun enough to wait any longer, life throws me more surprises than I can handle as it is!
Post a Comment