Friday, July 25, 2008

Ruth's Talents

Ruth and I read a book today about talents. At the end of the book, it suggested that the child should observe other people's talents and then make a chart to write down their own talents. Ruth was very excited to do this so she ran over to the table with a piece of paper and soon came back with this picture. These are her talents (from top to bottom): 1. Swimming 2. Singing 3. Playing Piano 4. Writing her name 5. Making funny faces and 6. Loving others

I am very pleased that she is able to recognize her own talents without being prompted by me. I am also pleased that she's finally started drawing people with arms and legs that sprout out from a body and not the head.

3 comments:

Bethany Thompson said...

Love it! Ruth is such a smart girl... I can't believe how bright she is! Tell her I said Hi!

Kat Curtis said...

How great! I like your legs and arms comment too - that's hilarious. She draws a great heart and does a great job with her name!

Bethany said...

that is great the she recognizes her talents. is that because she is told so often by her mom that she is good at things? i hope so. i need to work on that myself.