Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hair?

I need your opinion. Jonesy's opinion just isn't really helping me at this point in my life. Let's talk about hair... It wasn't until I was 19 that I became brave enough to cut my hair. In high school my hair was very long. It went down to about 3 inches above my waist. After I had Ruth I completely chopped it off and I've been experimenting with it ever since. A big part of me wants to grow it out again to the length it was in high school. But the rest of me (the practical side) is very tempted to cut it again. I wear my hair in a pony tail all day everyday so it seems to me to be a little silly to not cut it. Cutting it will make my hair very easy to manage while also having it look like I actually spent time on it. Maybe I can just wait to grow my hair out again until my kids are older and I have more time and motivation in the mornings to actually do my hair?


So now it's up to YOU. Should I cut it? If I do cut it, what style should I cut it in?

Choice #1 I don't have a good picture to show what I'm thinking but basically the front would be chin length while the back is very short and kinda spiky. It would be short in back, chin-length in front.. no in between or gradual changes between it. Just imagine the picture on the left as the front mixed with the picture on the right in the back.




Choice #2: Pictured to the right. This one takes a little more work because it requires a hot iron every day. It looks WAY bad without straightening it so I would be forced to do my hair every morning (but knowing me, I might just decide to live with the embarrassment of yucky hair).





Choice #3: Very short. This picture represents the shortest I've ever gone. I loved that I didn't have to do ANYTHING to it besides wash it. (and it was fun to put cute little hair things in it to dress it up).





So now the decision is in your hands. I want everyone to vote on the poll I have up. (When I say everyone, I really mean everyone...even all you 'blurkers' out there (blurkers --blog-lurkers-- is a term describing a person who reads (lurks around) somebodies blog without making comments).

Feel free to express your opinions in the comments section as well! I want this decided by next Wendsday. If we do decide to cut my hair, it would be fun thing to do on my birthday :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love #1. It would be fun. But of course in all practicality #3 might be way easier. I have recently been going shorter and shorter. I love it. So either #1 or #3 for me. I'm really not much help. I just do what my husband and hair stylist tell me to do.

Jewel-e said...

Love the blog! Thanks for sharing! I've been having the same hair dilemmas. I like #2, but agree that flat ironing every day is not really practical with 2 kids! I look forward to seeing what you decide!

Anali said...

#1! I think it would be cute, I've seen it work on other people. Plus, you can always just slap on a headband if you need it out of the way, but still dress it up if you're going out. Easy!

Rachel said...

Now this is just my opinion but I think that boy short hair on women is *not* attractive. I love your hair chin length for sure! It's SO cute in that 2nd picture, I *love* it! But I can see how you'd want one more low maintenance. I would totally do the spiky chin length cut, it sounds so cute!

Chrislynn said...

I vote for #1. I think it might be a little high maintenance, but sounds very cute.

Lis said...

I voted for choice number one. I think you'll look cute however you do it because you just are-- but I think choice number one will be cutest and most practical. I'm curious...which one does Jonesey want? Let me guess...LONG. Dad held on to that choice for me for years and years...he still doesn't like it super short on me. But he'll always tell me to do what I prefer...since it is my hair and I have to deal with it. Have fun.
What do you want for your birthday...besides a haircut?

Cynthia Lyn said...

I would go with choice #2. I've been trying to grow mine out longer too. Like in highschool. I felt pretty then, but then again, it also too more time than I have now.

Bekah said...

I think you should go with number 2 1/2, meaning my favorite haircut on you is the one you had when we had family pictures taken in Oregon when Ruth was a baby and me and Nate were newlyweds (you know which pictures I mean?). Anyway, your hair looked longer than #3 but shorter than #2 and I thought it was WAY cute. I really like #2, but #2 1/2 might be a little easier to manage. By the way, you just inspired me, I think I'm going to finally go do my hair for the day. :)

Havilah said...

Jonesy says I should grow it out...but that's only because after the last time I cut my hair I told him that I wanted to grow it out really long again and that under no circumstances can he let me cut it. So of course he'll let me cut it, but he won't offer any other opinions about which style. I think he loves me no matter what (which might explain why tonight he suggested I shave my head so I can be bald like him)

Bekah~ I do know which haircut you're talking about! That's kind of the same as number one but grown out a few months.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'll let y'all know what I decide sometime after Wednesday!

Kate said...

I'm kind of confused about the first choice, but if it's similar to what I'm thinking, that's my choice. I got a cut similar to that in May, and my hair-stylist said it's an A-line cut, where it's long in front, and short (bobbed, really) in the back. I really really like it, and it's very easy to do. The only problem? I already need another hair cut, and I'm not used to going in every other month. Oh well. But, that's my vote.

Havilah said...

kate- choice number one is not quite what you're thinking. It's not an a-line because there is no gradual change from front to back. It's one length in front and one length in back. The back isn't really bobbed either, it's a bit shorter than that so it can spike up with some gel in it.

Ron and Nina Jones said...

I can't believe I'm the only one voting for #3, but you look absolutely adorable in it. And it's easy.

Gary and Lindsay said...

Havilah,

I'm a little late but I loved your haircut when it looked like Sabrina, *do you remember me saying that?) because your hair was curly. Remember? Was that 1, 2, or 3? I loved it!

Lindsay

Bethany said...

so, what did you decide anyway?