Saturday, June 14, 2008

Invisible Friends...

Dente. That's his name. He's the guy who causes all the trouble around here. He's only showed up here three times, but each time he overstayed his welcome (not that he was really welcome at all).

Let's see...the first time we met Dente was right after Ruth turned two. We had just completed a move from Logan to Flagstaff. We kind of liked him at first. He was cute and charming. We didn't really notice when he left that time but he came back again shortly before Gareth was born. This time he was not cute. He had some pretty crazy ideas and was pretty good at convincing Ruth to carry them out. We had to come up with a time out corner special just for him. After he left that time we thought we were rid of him for good. Then he showed up again about a month ago. I think he thought we'd be excited to see him. Sorry Dente...we're not.

I guess he thinks Ruth needs him around every time she goes through a period of adjustment. But seriously, he doesn't help. The crazy things he gets blamed for are not at all helping Ruth to adapt to the new environment...unless we're talking about her new time out corner...she's adapted to that one pretty well.

Here's some pictures of him:










This is Dente after convincing Ruth to pour out all the shampoo into the bottom of the tub...









Here he is giggling about the red marker all over Ruth's face...









This is Dente watching me wash the red marker off of Gareth's face...









This is Dente after convincing Ruth that blue is a much better color for her...






So yeah. Dente. Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away. At least then Ruth will start taking accountability for her own actions....or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so clever - I'm glad you can remember to keep a sense of humor about these things... That is one lesson I'm afraid I'll have to learn the hard way.... :)

Paige said...

OMG! Havilah that mad me laugh I loved the invisible pictures!