Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday News Letter 2011


I'm putting this here for those who didn't receive it in the mail.  If you didn't get it, it's probably because I don't have your address!  If you send it to me, I promise to send you one next year!

Dear Family and Friends,
I can’t believe another year has gone by!  We, the Jones Clan are still around (believe it or not), and we’re excited to give y’all an update on our past year and how we’re doing at this time.
2011 started out pretty slow for us. Ruth finished up first grade, Gareth turned four, and Ronan started talking.  In June, we had the excitement of our first ER visit in a few years.  Gareth tripped in the backyard and ended up cutting above his eye and cutting open his lip and the gums above his front teeth.  He also knocked one front tooth out of its socket.  He ended up with about 11 stitches in all.  Luckily, he has healed up nicely.  The tooth naturally found its way back into its socket and, amazingly, did not die. 
July slipped away quietly.  August was a big month.  Jonesy’s little sister, Audra was married to the love of her life Michael Marrott.  After the wedding, we all flew up to Washington for a Jones Family reunion (which was awesome).  After the reunion, we stayed up there for another week for our little family vacation.  We had an amazing time and were all sad when it ended.  The day after we got home, Ruth started 2nd grade!  A couple weeks later, Gareth started preschool.  School has kept them pretty busy.  We had a great time for Thanksgiving visiting with family.  We were especially happy to have my brother, Aric and his wife Sarah come into town along with Joney’s sister, Audra and her hubby, Michael.  Black Friday shopping was a blast (We went at midnight to Target and got some great deals!).  And now we find ourselves here, in December. 
Jones and I are so amazed at how quickly our children are growing and learning.  Ruth is so beautiful.  She got her first major haircut this year and she loves it short, but is excited to grow it long again.  She’s loving school and is doing so well.  Ruth is currently reading her way through the first half of the Harry Potter series (she’ll have to wait till she’s a little older to read the second half).  Ruth is currently going to an after school theatre academy and will be performing in April.  They are doing a show called “Rupunzel…Starring YOU!”  She loves it.  (We always knew she’d do well in Theatre).
Gareth is doing so well in his preschool.  He’s already started learning to read and write.  He loves to learn.  But more than learning, he’s discovered his love for playing games on the computer.  If we let him, he’d play all day long. Gareth also loves to use his imagination.  He enjoys playing with Legos and trains.  He loves to dance and he’s got great rhythm (we might have a drummer in our future).  Gareth is a very, very sweet boy.  But he does have a redhead temper.  When he gets mad, he gets MAD.  But we still love him.
Ronan is learning so much every day.  He’s got a great vocabulary and can communicate very well.  He went through a short span of the “terrible twos” but he’s not so bad anymore.  He is very obedient and sweet.  Ronan loves cars, trains and blocks.  His most favorite thing to play with though are puzzles.  He loves putting them together and taking them apart and putting them back together again.  He likes to do them upside down and sideways too.  He likes them on the floor, on the table and even in our bed.  
I want to express to you the gratitude we have in our hearts for knowing you.  If you have received this letter from us, it is a sure sign that you are counted among the most valued people in our lives.  Thank you for you friendships and wonderful influence you have on our family.

We would like to wish you and your families a wonderful holiday season.
Love,
The Jones Clan
Michael, Havilah, Ruth, Gareth and Ronan


A letter from Ruth and Gareth:

From Ruth:
Hello, this is Ruth.  Me and the boys are doing fine.  We built a gingerbread house today.  I also got to talk to my Grandma Jones on Skype.  I love my grandma a lot.  For Thanksgiving, we had light turkey, dark turkey, stuffing, yams, rolls, jello with whipped cream and pie.  My brothers have gotten in a few fights this year and it’s sort of frustrating.  Today I made tracks in the snow and turned them into ice.  I got to slide on my belly.  My brother played church games.  I started second grade and my team teachers are Mrs. Keller and Mrs. Perkins.  Mrs. Perkins teaches in the morning and Mrs. Keller teaches in the afternoon.  My brother, Gareth is having school on his computer.  His teachers are squirrels.  We made a collage and we are learning about 3D shapes.  My favorite subject in school is Reading.  Gareth’s favorite subject is playing.  Ronan doesn’t go to school yet but I’m sure he has fun at home.  Love, Ruth

From Gareth
So I love everything even my mom and dad.  Since I have been good this day we could get presents a year on Christmas.  So we could do a fun thing for this year.  It could be very fun.  And all the stuff I know that I want for Christmas is a remote control airplane and a remote control car.  I love everything that I want in my family.  We went to Washington and the buffalo licked my daddy.  It was so funny.  We loved everything in Washington so this is all I had.  Love, Gareth

No comments: