Friday, June 4, 2010

6 word memoirs

I heard about this book on NPR once a while ago and was very interested in reading it. It's called "Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Wemoirs by Famous Writers and Obscure." (that's a LONG title...). Ernest Hemingway once proved that an entire story can be told by using only 6 words by writing "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."

I really enjoyed reading this book. Some of the memoirs are a bit dirty (and hilarious) while others are serious. Some are sad, others happy. Either way, they were interesting. It got me into thinking about what my 6-word memoir would be. After months of thinking I think I've come up with it. Ready?

Stayed up way too late. Again.

So after I came up with mine. I was so excited to get Jonesy working on coming up with his. He was not happy about this adventure. He did not want to participate. So, to spite me, he came up with a stupid one. Sadly enough, it fits him perfectly. (warning! It's a little dirty.....highlight to read...but only if you want to be highly offended) here's Jonesy's:

She lets me touch her boobies.


So, what's yours???

7 comments:

Bethany Thompson said...

heard about this book on npr also... must now think about my 6 word memoir.. will get back to you but have a good idea... no its not about boobies!

Sarah said...

teehee

Sarah said...

teehee

moecleo said...

my sides hurt from laughing

Ron and Nina Jones said...

tell Mike his mom is gonna wash his brain out with soap! Though I suppose it's good that he still feels that way about ya.......

Okay - mine:

"Know I should. Wish I could"

That's it, me in a nutshell

Kristina said...

I have tried to think up one before but never can. I pretty much suck at it. Hey that's 6 words!! But sounds dirty. eep!

AJones said...

Highly mediocre, insomniac, trying to endure