Gareth's been saying a lot of funny things lately. One night I was putting him to bed and he said this: "I have a secret and it's too big for your ear." He didn't want to whisper it in my ear. What was the secret? "I want a cup of milk with my cereal in the morning."
Sometimes at church when I can tell Gareth is right on the verge of having a meltdown I start to whisper a story into his ear. Today, Gareth decided he wanted to help with the story.
Me: "Once upon a time there was a cowboy caterpillar. He really wanted to ride a horse but he was too afraid because he thought the horse might step on him and squish him if he got too close. So one day he saw a man who was about to get on a horse and the caterpillar climbed up the man's leg all the way up to his shoulder and sat there. The caterpillar sat there on the man's shoulder as the man got up onto the horse....."
Gareth: "And then the caterpillar PUSHED the man off the horse and rode away!!!"
It wasn't quite the ending I had imagined but it was good enough for me so we left it at that.
1 comment:
That boy knows true love.....cheese is the food of the Gods!
Post a Comment