I've fallen pretty behind with blogging so I thought I'd make it easy and write about the last month with a top ten list.
10. We went to Temple Square to see the lights with my sister's family and Jonesy's sister. It didn't get above 24 degrees. We were cold and miserable and none of us had any fun. Hopefully we'll remember this occasion next year when I say "Hey! Let's go see the lights at Temple Square!" Luckily we've been able to laugh about it since.
9. On Christmas Eve we went sledding and roasted hot dogs around a fire at my parents house. We were glad to have snow! Hopefully this will become a yearly tradition. This the first time we've been sledding since the last incident.
8. There were many hours spent sleeping in the car this past month. With parties, Sunday dinners, Christmas celebrations, New Years celebrations and other fun activities we logged a lot of miles.
7. We had a great time with old friends at a party in Saratoga Springs a couple days before Christmas. The best part was when Ruth and Gareth randomly started dancing. They were both in sync dancing to the same rhythm. I couldn't figure out how this was happening until I noticed Brian, our drum-playing friend quietly tapping his foot and hands. Even he hadn't realized that he had been the cause of their dancing display.
6. Christmas Eve at our house was exciting. Mary and Joseph wore towels and bluejeans while Baby Jesus escaped from his manger.
5. As a family tradition, we all get new Pajamas on Christmas Eve just before going to bed. The kids were so excited, I had the hardest time getting a good picture of them. Here are my attempts:
4. We were all very happy to have Aunt Audra (Jonesy's little sister) here with us for Christmas. (you'll get a picture of her later in the countdown)
3. My sister and her husband watched our kids for us so we could go see Avatar. Unfortunately Avatar was sold out when we got to the theater and we were forced to see New Moon. :) I had fun....Jonesy did not.
2. We went to get Thai food for Christmas dinner. The whole time the kids were begging and pleading for sushi. Sorry guys, sushi is Japanese. We had a yummy lime/coconut/mushroom soup, pad thai, and duck.



1. Jacob Black came to visit on Christmas morning. Audra quickly took a liking to him and dressed him in an "I can't; I'm Mormon" t-shirt. I think Audra has a good chance of helping him get over Bella.

3 comments:
I'm jealous..who did Jacob go home with? Is he a perminent resident at your house?
i'm beggin' for sushi too.... hey do you want to go see the lights on temple square next year - i heard its really fun!!!
That is so HILARIOUS! I love Jacob in his new garb! BTW have you read the new Dan Brown novel? I think it's called "The Lost Symbol". I haven't read it yet, but was trying to see if I could find anyone that had to see if it was any good!
Post a Comment