We have officially arrived in Utah and are moved into our new town home. We love it! Jones loves his job and the kids and I love being near family. We do miss Lubbock terribly though. The people there are the nicest in the world.
We signed Ruth up for Kindergarten. At this school, they test each kindergartner before they start school. The teacher who tested her offered to skip her to first grade because she was so smart. Ruth quickly declined, pointing out the fact that you have to start with Kindergarten before you can do first grade. (I think she was just kidding about the skipping to first grade, but she was very impressed with Ruth). I was proud.
Gareth is probably having the hardest time adjusting. He's having to deal with moving AND with the whole feeling-like-he's-been-replaced-by-this-squidgy-little-baby thing. He's still super cute and super sweet though.
Ronan is growing very fast. He spends his days eating, sleeping and pooping, his evenings being pretty fussy, and his nights eating, sleeping less than I'd like, and pooping. He has started smiling and making eye contact though (which makes it fun). we'll post pics soon!
Anyway, our computer has officially died. I can get online in the evenings using Jonesy's laptop from work but not during the day. It will probably be a couple days before I can find the time to upload pictures, but we have some for you so keep checking in!
8 comments:
Why am I not surprised about Ruth? She's going to love school.
It sounds like you're getting settled really well. I will write back to your email soon, and I need your address!! (not that I have Ronan's gift done yet, but soon, very soon, I will!)
You moved to Utah! Wow! That is so exciting! Maybe I will see you someday!
Way to go Ruth! She will love Kindergarten...don't skip it, it's too long, enjoy her while you can! First grade changes life! :(
Havi, Bekah would be happy to get rid of our old computer. It is stored in Ari's closet right now, and is about 4 years old. Let me know if you want it.
So glad you got here safely and SOOOOOOOO glad to have you back here! :) We miss you guys!
I'm so glad that things are going so well with you guys! Poor Gareth. We moved with Ben when he was 2 1/2, and Adam was 2 months (almost) and it was a huge adjustment for him. And way to go Ruth! She is a smart girl. I'm hoping Ben survives Kindergarten...
Where in Utah are you guys at? We are heading that way in a couple of weeks and would love to see you!
As a side note, I bet your computer didn't fall when it died... ;)
Post a Comment