Sunday, February 13, 2011

8 Years Ago

For those of you who have been following our blog over the years, I'm sure you're tired of my annual February 13th post.  But too bad.  February 13th marks a very important moment in my (and Jonesy's) life.  It was 8 years ago that the decision to start our family was finalized.  With a ring, a one-kneed proposal, and the answer Jonesy will never forget ("I'll think about it") we started our journey together.  It has been a long and sometimes steep and twisty path that we have walked over the years but I can honestly say that I have never regretted our decision to be married.  On that cold evening at the top of the outdoor amphitheater on the campus of Utah State University under the clear, starry night sky, I became engaged to the best guy on the planet.  Thank you, Jonesy for making me an offer I couldn't refuse.

5 comments:

Ron and Nina Jones said...

It was an incredibly important day for us too, Jones. We love you both so much...happy engagement anniversary.

Ron and Nina Jones said...

Hey! That's your ring!!!!

Havilah said...

lol... it's the closest pic I could find. There are some differences. It's an awesome ring ain't it?

Bethany Thompson said...

wait a minute... did i know that you had blue sapphires in your ring???... just like me!!!!

Havilah said...

Bethany, I think we were destined to be friends!