My ideas of what I want my Dream Home to by like have changed recently. Let me first describe to you what I used to dream about:
Starting at the street looking at the home, the first thing you will notice is the wrap-around porch. It's wide enough to sit and relax and still be able to let people walk past. The green grass and the beautiful flower garden (filled with wildflowers that are secretly organized, but look like nature put them where she wanted) are a sight worth calling mama about. The home is one level with 4 bedrooms, one living room, one family room, one office and a large laundry room. The kitchen is huge-with cabinet space for everything. The fridge is state-of-the-art. It has room for enough food to feed a football team. The backyard is fully fenced and has green grass and a low-maintenance playground for the kids. The garden is huge and it has a small white picket fence around it (yes, I had to fit the picket fence in there somewhere). It has room to grow enough vegetables to feed the entire neighborhood. The master bedroom has an over-sized jacuzzi tub and two walk-in closets (his and hers). The house sits in a neighborhood that is flat (no hills) and has well-maintained sidewalks.
Now here is my detailed description of the home I dream about now:
It is a home, apartment, town home or mobile home. The Jones family lives in it. Amen.

6 comments:
ha ha ha... i dont know if i should laugh (at your wonderful sarcasm) or cry because i know how much this sucks (i once too had to live ith in-laws for about a year)... but laugh i will because this too will pass and at this point things can only get better (i mean how much worse could it get) and on a brighter note i am super excited to see you... anything i should bring you from texas... like a house maybe :)
Right there with ya! I have gone from big and luxurious to give me (almost) anything my family can fit in, with my stuff, and my kids, and MY house. All I want are basics; kitchen, bedrooms, living room.
aw, I had to laugh a little, but I'm so sorry too. I hope you'll get that house someday SO soon!
I feel for ya! Some day you will be in that crappy apartment and then you can start dreaming about your big house again! And then some day you'll be in that big house and you'll probably dream of living in an apartment again!
Ooooooohhhhhh, soon Havilah - soon. Patience may be a virtue, but it doesn't make it ANY easier.
Post a Comment