Sunday, November 15, 2009

She just doesn't stop....

Ruth keeps surprising us with the things she says. Tonight we were driving home from my parents' house just minding our own business when she said this:

"I think that the Earth spins slowly because if it spinned faster the days and nights would be shorter."

Are 5 year-olds really supposed to be figuring stuff like that out on their own? We're not prepared to deal with her brain. Right now we are doing research about why exactly the days and nights are shorter in the winter time (something to do with the tilt of the Earth?) because she wants to know. I really should have applied myself more in my High School science class.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want Ruth and I can discuss how the ratio of the earths surface that sees light and dark is the same 24/7, but the angle at witch the sun hits the earth causes a distinct change is daylight hours at different locations.

Lalani said...

That's one smart girl.

SwagBucksTricks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SwagBucksTricks said...

Pretty Smart Gal! =)

SwagBucksTricks