Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Curse of November and Ruth is Thankful

We are not that busy for the holidays. We aren't going out of town. We're not in charge of making a huge feast for Thanksgiving (only contributing a few dishes to one). And yet, I have been feeling the rush of the holidays and have been neglecting my blogging duties. Sorry!

On a completely different note, we've been telling Ruth about how we spend our time around Thanksgiving thinking about all the things we're thankful for. She wanted to compile a list of the things she's thankful for and put it here on the blog for all the world to see. So here it is:

The sun,
Food I have.
I like everything so you might as well hear the rest.
I love my mommy so much so I'm thankful for her.
I'm thankful for the stores
and lemonade stands,
beautiful winter,
squirrels,
gazelles,
turkey we eat at thanksgiving,
beautiful sheep at the farm,
mice,
the things on TV,
things that make me happy like cats, dogs, puppy dogs and lots more
so don't go away until I'm done.
I'm thankful for stories,
my friends,
my grandmas,
my grandpas,
my little cousins,
and thats all!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is way cute. All kids say funny things but Ruth, I must say has some extra cleverness and charm. I love it! Gazelles!

Anali said...

What a great poem/list.

But what about her daddy, and brother?

Havilah said...

I asked her the same thing after she said she was finished... she IS thankful for them.. she just doesn't want anyone to know it!

Ron and Nina Jones said...

Holy Moley, Ruthie. That's SOME list! Thank you for letting me be on it.

I'm thankful for you too. You make me very happy. So does your Daddy, by the way. He's cool (well, you're whole family is cool, when you think about it).

Jessica Marie said...

What a great list! I think it's really fun that Ruth blogs on here too. (and I hope you don't mind me lurking on your blog - I found it through Bekah's.)

Jessica said...

That is too cute! I love it!

Melanie said...

Will you send me your email address? I would like to send you an invite to read my blog.
Love ya!

Andrea - said...

She is adorable. Love the Ruthieism too! I felt that way when Rebecca was being born. Doctor said she would be a boy--but SURPRISE! I got my sister.