Monday, March 3, 2008

Gareth turns One


Our little man Gareth turned one on Sunday. Even with the extra day this year, both Havilah and I agree that not enough time has passed for the boy to be a year old already. It seems like just a few months ago, he looked like this:and now he is crawling and using sign language to ask for things and starting to stand up on his own and getting ready to walk. We have the same feelings about Ruthie too, and she turns FOUR this year. Being a parent is one of the most awesome things in the world, but sometimes, when you look at your little ones growing up, it can be a bit depressing. Especially when you consider that they will be TEENAGERS sooner than you realize. I just pray that they will turn out like their mother and be sweet and obedient and NOTHING like their father. He was a punk.

3 comments:

Anali said...

Happy Birthday Gareth!

I love how he's eating the cake, and when you talk to him, he gets this expression like "dude, I'm just eating my cake. Uhh...what's everyone smiling about?"

Looking forward to the weekend!

Ma said...

Well, okay, maybe you were a punk - but you were a sweet punk (is that an oxymoron?)

Gareth looks so much like you did as a baby - Mikey with redhair. Now THAT'S cute!

MOANA said...

Congrats to you Gareth, looks like the cake was good! Congrats and happy bday!