Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Trip


I am ready to write about our trip now. I have excuses for why it's taken so long, but none of them are good so I won't tell them to you.

We left early Tuesday morning (4:30AM). After driving slowly through Colorado City (on the lookout for polygamists and wondering which house was Warren Jeffs' (is that bad??)) and getting to Hurricane by 9:30AM, we decided to swing down to St. George for a couple hours to see Brent, an old friend from USU. After that we made our way to Alpine to visit the Capel family. We spent the next few days just hanging out there with family and friends. Thanksgiving was fun. We had lots of Turkey and other T-dinner types of food. It was so good to be with family this year. We spent Saturday watching the BYU vs. UofU game with my dad, my grandpa and my sister (who are huge BYU fans) and my poor little brother-in-law (who- for reasons unknown- is a fan of the Utes). Lunch that day was made up of chips, dip, chips, one bite-sized carrot, and some chocolate cake. The end of the game was very exciting, but my dad had to miss the last 2 minutes because my niece came in with her arm shaped like a pretzel. She had fallen down and broken it (for the second time in 4 months). We spent Saturday night in the company of old friends, Angel and Bryan (we miss them so!). Sunday morning we left early and had an uneventful drive home (except for the almost fender-bender with a 'Colorado City-an'-- we do love driving that way...). The sad thing about this trip is that I forgot to get the camera out of the car until we were by Lees Ferry on the way home. We got some fun shots of Ruth playing on (and in) the big boulders that are found just randomly laying about. BUT OF COURSE my camera's batteries just died and I can't upload them to the computer without getting off my lazy bum bum and going out to the car to get the battery charger. So, I promise to upload the pictures later because they are really cute.

1 comment:

April said...

I wish I could drive through Colorado City and rubber neck...