
So I guess you could call me a bit of a rebel. My parents can count themselves lucky because of the way I chose to rebel. When all those Harry Potter books came out, I did not want to conform to the social norm. I refused! Okay, so I did start the first book during my freshman year of college, got distracted, and never finished it, but after that I refused! When the first movie came out I didn't want to see it. I made it about a year until I finally sat down and watched it (I did enjoy it). So then I decided that there is no point to reading the books, I can just wait for the movies! And I did. Until July. Then I got tricked into reading the first 6 books in a month.
We went on a road trip to Utah and Jonesy put the audio version of book one on for us to listen to. That was a huge mistake. Jim Dale has a magical ability to pull you into the story while keeping all the charm and suspense in tact(don't google that line, I stole it from an online review). After getting through the first book, I just had to get the second...then the third....and so on. When I got to the sixth book I found myself staying up way too late (or too early, rather) and I was not doing a very good job of taking care of my children. When school started, I decided I couldn't go on like this. With 12 credits, two kids, a dirty house, and a wonderful (but needy) husband I just wouldn't be able to find the time to read book 7. I decided to leave it on the shelf until December.
So yeah... I've just finished reading Chapter Five: Fallen Warrior. I don't know why I'm wasting my time writing this... I need to find out what's going to happen! Is Snape REALLY evil? Is (spolier alert) Dumbledore REALLY dead?? Who ELSE is going to die?!?! And most importantly: WHEN ARE RON AND HERMIONE GOING TO HOOK UP?!?!?! So yeah... I'm going to go read some more.
6 comments:
I'm so glad you have a blog!!! Now I can keep up with what is going on in your family. The last time I saw you, Ruth was just a baby. And a brand new baby at that. now you have two! Keep blogging. More pictures! Oh, and yes, HP does kind of suck you in, huh. Have fun reading!
Becca
YAY!!!!!!! :)
And they never hook up because Ron dies. Duh!
WHAT?!?!?!
Yup, and as he lays dying from massive blood loss, both Harry and Hermione blurt out their undying love to Ron, and he passes with a look of joy, horror, and mild curiosity upon his face.
Jonesey,
I tracked you down! (via the Labau blog). You're lookin good!
Hello Jones Clan! Glad to have found you... don't really know how it happened, but yay! :)
Havilah, I'm sorry about the Harry suspense, but it's all worth it in the end...
Jones, attention you have 2 kids... fantastic! Ours is scheduled to "pop out" in mid-February. No sign yet as to what it is... have to wait until October for that one...
Anyway, good seeing both of you... keep in touch! :)
~ad
Post a Comment